Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MY YEARS AS A CHILD 3

My next older sibling is my sister MLC.  She and I were four years apart and we were best of friends. We had a funeral one time with our dolls. The dolls were left out in the sun and got cracked and the rubber on them melted. We felt sorry for them and had a little funeral over them. We buried them in our back yard.  MLC was the preacher and I was the mourning parent.

We continued to be close over the years. I would go baby sitting with her and play with the little kids she watched. Then she got a boy friend and I watched the kids while she talked on the phone all night. And you know what? She got the money! But I loved her and kept doing it.

We were so close that she would lie to our mother and I would swear she was telling the truth. My parents were very strict. We could not spend the night with any of our friends nor could our friends spend the night at our house. We were not allowed to go any place with out them knowing, and one day we got caught. I was with MLC and her friend MD and we were just walking down the highway when MD’s aunt came by and saw us, but we didn't see her.  When we got home mommy asked why we were on the high way and not the street we were supposed to be on. I knew by the way mommy reacted that this time I could not lie. So I told her before my sister could start with the lie. Mommy just said next time walk on the street and because we told her the truth we were not in trouble.

You know that is a lot like God. You have to be honest with Him, telling Him the truth, because you cannot lie to God. He sees and hears everything.

I was next and then there was my baby sister LMG. As you know in the beginning she was a thorn in my side when we were little. Then we became very close and still are. I loved my baby sister. I thought she was a doll. I was 4 years old when she was born. But we played together all the time and when she had friends over we all played together and the same with my friends. My sisters MLC, LMG and myself did lots of things together.

MLC would be our waitress in the morning for breakfast and serve us what we ordered. Then when we were done she asked to be paid, knowing we didn't have any money. So we had to clean the kitchen and wash the dishes. Next time she wanted to play waitress we said no way. We never got candy, only on Halloween and at Christmas.  I don't remember any of my birthdays. We never got cake either. So on our birthday, MLC would put a slice of bread on a plate then cover it with chocolate syrup and another slice of bread and cover it. She would put a candle on it then we would eat it just the 3 of us. It was so good.

Wondering where my mom was during these times. She was sleeping she always slept late.

LMG and I would make pies out of clover. Play with cars in the dirt. The three of us would be outside all day. We did get to walk to the city pool in the summer but we’d better be back when mommy told us to or we would be punished.

As I said my mother was a late sleeper and when we went to grade school we got an hour and 1/2 for lunch break to come home to eat. Many times we had to fend for our selves because she was still sleeping and this was from 11:00 am-12:30 pm. My dad was working at a factory now and worked from 11:00pm till 7:00am.  So when he came home he would go to bed and sleep until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. So all summer we were out side all day and in the winter we had to be very quite so we would not wake him up. I don't know how many times we got told to quit down.

That is about all I can remember about my life as a child. I will continue with my life as a teenager.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment