Monday, June 20, 2011

MIRACLE BABY - Part 5

We are home now, along with our girls. I had missed them so much. Everyday we went for my treatments. Once a week I had to go to my cancer doctor. And once a week we had to take the baby to have blood work. They were checking his thyroid, which was abnormal and was causing his reflex problem.

The first Sunday after the baby and I came home, we all went to church as a family and we had KGGJ dedicated to the church. Just in case you may not know what this means, it is a dedication by us to God and the church that we would raise KGGJ up to be a Christian. Everyone at the church was so glad to see us.

My radiation and his thyroid checks went on week after week for 8 weeks. KGGJ turned out to be all right. We enjoyed him so much and so did the girls. One day he turned a bluish color and I hurried and called the doctor. He said it would be OK some times this happens. After the radiation treatments, I was in the bathroom combing my hair and a bunch of it fell out on my shoulder. I started crying because no one told me this would happen. A week or two after that my skin started turning dark every place it had radiation done and then started peeling like snake skin. This I was not told would happen either. I said, “OK I can handle this if that was all that was going to happen.”

But it wasn't. More came out of that Hodgkin’s and the treatment years later. That’s another miracle story.

Because WH worked in the hospital he would come across the different doctors. One day my cancer doctor took him into an office and gave him some bad news. Doctor told my WH that chances are I would not likely live much over a year. He said that during surgery I was on a fence and could have gone either way at that time. That day he came home and told me he was getting out of the service and we were moving back to Ohio. When I ask him why he just said, “So we can be with family.” My WH is a man of little words. At this point I did not know that the doctor had talked to him.

Well, we packed up and went to Ohio. Now KGGJ is 8 months old. My dad got my WH a job where he worked. And we stayed with mommy and daddy until we could find a place of our own.

During this time someone let it slip that I only had a year to live. I prayed and prayed to God to let me live long enough raise my 3 children. Well, I now have 3 children, 11 grand children and 5 great-grand children. KGGJ is 42 years old and he is still my pride and joy. We are very close.

I have always felt that he saved my life (because if I was not pregnant at the time they would have never found the cancer until it was to late.) and he has always felt I had saved his life (because they wanted me to have an abortion and I wouldn't.)

This is the end of my Miracle Baby Story. I hope you enjoyed it and that it has helped some to understand me better.

It is the end of Miracle Baby, but not the end of my story of miracles. I will continue to write about the other miracles God has performed in my life.

1 comment:

  1. This has been an eye-opener for me. I knew WH had retired from the service. It was news to find out there was a break in his time. Waiting for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete